Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cheer Sectionals and Election Day

Saturday was Co-Ed Sectionals for Varsity. We beat 21 other teams to win FIRST PLACE!! It was an awesome day for Woodland. This will give us great placement for state which is really good. We will be leaving Friday morning at 9. We are going to play Laser Tag that afternoon and go out to a nice Japanese restaurant that night. Then on Saturday, we will all get our game faces on and go for Woodland's 4th cheerleading state championship! We are so excited and can't wait to go! Hopefully we will bring home a state championship...that would be awesome in my first year of coaching.

Today is Election Day which means that no students are at school. It is a Teacher Work Day, but I always enjoy these, because we get to go out to lunch. It's rare that we get to have social time over a good meal, so it's always really exciting! :) Our normal lunch routine is scarfing down our food while keeping an eye on 18 little bodies and usually having a couple spill something or bug you about when it's time to get their ice cream. Ingrid, I know that you can totally relate to this! :)

I haven't gone to vote yet, because the line was so long this morning that I would not have made it to work on time. I will be going after school today. It is such a historic day, and it makes me proud that I have the freedom to vote and let my voice be heard. I'm so thankful to live in America!

Trent just keeps getting bigger and bigger. He goes for his check-up today, and I'm anxious to find out how much he weighs. He was a pumpkin for Halloween, and he just really didn't know what to think about his costume. It was hilarious and we all laughed about it. He is the happiest baby, and he smiles ALL the time. He's very content, sleeps great, and is a joy to have in our family. He certainly came from out of nowhere and was a huge surprise to our family, but he has been the most wonderful little blessing in our lives. I thank God that he can turn difficult circumstances into the greatest blessings. I love that little boy, and I'm determined that his first word will be "Sissy".

GET OUT AND VOTE!

1 comment:

Sean and Ingrid said...

Yes, I have to remind myself not to scarf down my dinner at home like I have to at school. :)