Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rainy Day

It's really rainy outside today...a very dreary day! On top of that, I'm feeling under the weather with a lovely head cold. I just love head colds...kidding. I feel pretty rotten and really just want to curl up in my warm bed and sleep for a long time! That sounds so nice right about now. Hopefully, this cold will start getting better soon; it really is no fun.

January is such a long month. Teachers have to go for about 6 weeks between paychecks for December and January due to the holiday break. We get paid on Friday, and I am more than ready! The cash flow is pretty low at the moment, but I was prepared for it, so it hasn't been all that bad really. I am ready for winter break in a couple of weeks. For whatever reason, I could really use a couple of days off. As of right now, I am planning to just be home. Though traveling is fun, staying home and relaxing sounds pretty nice as well. Besides, Ingrid is due to have Ethan during winter break, and I certainly am not going to miss that! I have been in the mood for a trip lately, but I think that I will wait and take that on spring break, because I will have more time anyway. I'm not sure where I want to go yet, but I have a few ideas.

I bought myself a new laptop, and I am loving it so far. It is a Dell, and it is really sharp! I was in desperate need of a new computer, so it was a long time coming, and I am excited. I also got a new cell phone through my cousin, Shawn, who is an AT&T consultant. He really helped me out, and I love my new Matrix phone. It was so much easier to go through him rather than dealing with the people at the stores. I just went to his house on a Sunday evening, picked out the phone that I liked, and he took care of the rest. It was really cool. He also hooked Brenton and Christa up with their new phones after they were married.

We have parent conferences next Thursday night until 7 PM. That is always the longest day ever, and I am usually exhausted when I get home. I do enjoy catching up with my students' parents and sharing with them about their child's progress. There is always an excitement to see how the kids are coming along...and they really are! I am really pleased with how my students are doing right now. Writing and Math are going REALLY well, and I am excited about that. After last year, I did a lot of self-reflection and saw some areas that I could improve my teaching in Math, and I have put those changes in place this year, and Math really couldn't be going any better for my kids right now. I am excited about that!

1 comment:

Sean and Ingrid said...

I am with you- I REALLY wish I could go get in bed right now! What a gloomy day. Yay for your new laptop. I've had my eye on a new one too. And that's great to hear how well your kids are doing. Sometimes I think they're not making enough progress. Then I go back and see where we started and realize just how far they've come. It really is exciting!