Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Dieting...But I Don't Have To Like It!

The weekend is approaching, and I am so thankful for that. The time change has been especially difficult to adjust to. By the time I get home in the afternoon, I am wiped out. I have napped almost every day this week.

Well...I have given in to the world of dieting. My parapro, Mrs. Cagle, and I have decided to have a little competition to see who can lose the most the quickest. She is getting ready for her son's wedding this summer and wants to lose a few pounds. I am just getting ready for summer and would love to drop about ten pounds. We will weigh in with our school nurse each Friday. Today is my first real day on the diet, and it's not been too bad so far. For breakfast, I had a Weight Watchers muffin. Lunch was a turkey sandwich, two pickle spears, and a small cup of sugar free jello. Dinner will be grilled chicken with green beans. I am doing the unthinkable and sacrificing some of my beloved Dr. Peppers. I've decided that I'm not going to give them up altogether- b/c that would be unrealistic for me- but I'm just going to cut down. This diet is all about sensible eating; many people that I know have been successful on it, so maybe I will to. I usually can drop weight pretty easily when I want to, so hopefully it won't be too hard.

The kids at school have major spring fever and so does their teacher! I can't stand that my classroom doesn't have an outside door or any windows. It would be so nice to be able to see this gorgeous weather outside instead of staring at four walls all day. By the end of the day, I just want to be OUTSIDE!!! It's so refreshing to get outside after work. I hope to be able to get outside this weekend a lot and ride my bike. It's so fun and great exercise, and I am really loving it so far. I am glad that I found it on sale, too!

The week before CRCT, we are having spirit days at school. We will have Cowboy Day, Tacky Twin Day, and Super Hero Day. I already have my Superman shirt for Superhero Day. Mrs. Cagle, JJ, and I are going to modify Tacky Twin Day into Tacky Triplet Day and all dress the same. I'm excited about that; it will be hilarious!! For Cowboy Day, I might just have to go buy those cowgirl boots that I've been wanting...and of course a cowgirl hat to go with it. We will see. I hope that most of the other teachers will participate too, because the kids will really love it if they do.

Tomorrow I have the day off. I have a doctor's appointment, then Mom and I are going to Buttons n Bows- the big baby consignment sale at the Church at Liberty Square. We are on the hunt for Trent a few items. A stroller, a front facing car seat, and some summer clothes are what we are mainly looking for. Hope we can find them at good prices! This is always a great consignment sale, so I'm sure we'll maybe have some good luck there.

I am still trying to decide about Spring Break. It is in three weeks. I would really like to go somewhere, but I really need to save the money, and it would also be nice to have a week at home to get ahead on some spring cleaning and just relax. Who knows? I may up and go somewhere at the last minute. I guess only time will tell.

46 School Days Until Summer...YAY!!!

-B

1 comment:

Sean and Ingrid said...

Good for you with the sensible dieting. Cracking me up that your school nurse is going to weigh you girls in every Friday!

Have fun at the sale! I went to one today so I'm not sure if I'll go to that one tomorrow. I can't get enough of them though.