Sunday, March 15, 2009

Taco Soup Recipe...This Is For You, Ingrid! :-)

I made a yummy taco soup this weekend. It is a Weight Watchers version, so it's healthy, too! It was super easy, super quick, and was still great when I re-heated it the next day. My bestie, Ingrid, asked about the recipe, so I decided to post it on the blog for everyone. Try it out sometime! :)

For all you Weight Watchers people, 1 cup of this soup= 1 point.

Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 lg. onion, chopped
3 cans Mexican style chili beans, undrained (or you can substitute in black beans...your choice)
1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can chopped tomatoes, undrained
1 and 1/2 cups water
1 can tomato sauce
1 can chopped green chile, undrained
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 package ranch style salad dressing mix (dry)


-Brown beef and drain.
-Stir in all other ingredients.
-Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, covered.

Sounds easy enough, right??!!

Hope you all try it out and enjoy it as much as I did! :-)

-B

2 comments:

Reason in Belief: My View said...

This sounds yummy! I will definitely be trying it! Noah would love it too...since it has meat in it. :)

Sean and Ingrid said...

Thank you! Sounds super yummy and easy, which I always like. Plus I have a lot of that already. Yay!