Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rainy Weekend...

Trent Bug riding in the car on the way home from dinner...



Mom and Trent Bug before Lucy's birthday party


It has been a rainy, gloomy weekend so far! Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same. I'm wondering where the beautiful spring weather went???? I wanted to ride my bike this weekend, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Trent Bug has spent the last couple of nights with me, so he has made it more fun than it would have been. He is simply amazing...learning new things each day, and it's SUCH a blessing to sit back and watch. Right now we have patty cake completely mastered. He is eating more and more, and it won't be long before we will be eating small bites of table food. Mom and Dad are excited about that b/c the formula and baby food is getting more and more expensive with him eating more! We are so incredibly crazy about him! What a blessing in my life at just the right time...

This time next week, Kaci and I will be tearing it up at the Mall of GA. I'm SO excited! I haven't been on a major shopping spree in a while...

Mom, Trent, and I went to Buttons n Bows yesterday. WOW! What deals there were! We walked away with tons of spring/summers outfits for him. Seriously, some of them were like a dollar and were great name brands and look like they'd never even been worn. We have basically his whole spring/summer wardrobe covered. We were so excited about it all! We are looking forward to going to another sale next weekend to check on a couple of more things for him. We are now in love with baby consignment sales! After the sale, Mom, Brenton, Trent, and I had lunch together at Cracker Barrel. It was so fun to just be together and hang out! Brenton is crazy about Trent Bug, and Trent Bug is crazy about him. It is fun to watch them together. I maintained my diet and had grilled chicken with green beans. It was YUMMY!

I also just made a yummy taco soup. It is a Weight Watchers recipe. I checked with Julie before making it to make sure that I could have it with the diet and all. Turns out, I could! All the ingredients were in my diet. It was sooooooo good on this cold, rainy day. My parents came by on their way home and my dad took some with him. He tasted and liked it too, so he wanted some for later. I have some left over, so that will make a nice lunch for school on Monday. I love yummy meals that are within my diet!!

WHS Cheer Banquet was Thursday night. It was fun to see everyone again. We had a great meal! We got some awesome new T-shirts that have "State Champs" on the back. The girls also got the coaches a beautiful framed picture of the team at state, and the booster club gave the coaches some cash...which is ALWAYS nice! Those were some nice surprises that I didn't expect. I was able to sit and chat for a while with the girl that I will be coaching with next year, and she seems really sweet. Try-outs are in a little over a month, and we will have competition camp in June. I love summer work-outs as well. That was a lot of fun last summer, and I really look forward to it this summer!

Well, I am going to cozy up with little Brigsby and watch a movie. There's really nothing better to do on a rainy, gloomy day like today!

-B

1 comment:

Sean and Ingrid said...

Sure you can still ride your bike this weekend, just in your rain coat! I want to hear more about this diet. I'm very curious!